Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WWJD?

Recently one of my friend got me thinking about forgiveness. Her motto "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?) is actually astounding if you really think about it.

While some forgive with all of their heart and being, regardless of what action transpired, others forgive, but always remember what that person did to them. Still, others have the words, "I forgive you" flow out of there mouths with no true forgiveness. I think grudges are one of the hardest things to keep up. Usually I'm good at forgiving others, but when it comes to family it's pretty different. It's rare that I hold grudges and when I do they don't last that long. It's a bad habit, but I'll forgive someone and cut them off. I'll try to be cordial and respectful but I also try to have as little interaction with them as possible. I'll be respectful, but I won't respect them . . . if that makes sense. It's a bad habit but that's where WWJD comes into play. After all of the crazy, horrible, and heavily repeated sins that we commit every day, Jesus still forgives us. Jesus loves us - in spite of who we are and what we do.

Even extending beyond forgiveness, WWJD comes into play in every aspect of our lives. How would He do these chores? How would He prepare for school? How would He treat His family and friends? If truly think about how Jesus would handle everyday situations, it's astounding. But here's an idea, don't just wonder WWJD: do it. It may be a little weird and alienesque at first, but think about how great an impact that you can make if you try to imitate Jesus. My purpose in life is to have people look past all that I do to a powerful God that loves them. It's as easy as WWJD.

No comments:

Post a Comment