Sunday, May 9, 2010

Crush High

Hey  so I've been thinking about love lately. I love a lot of things. 

-Jesus Christ
-My family 
-My friends
-Playing the piano
-Singing
-Swimming
-Reading
-Doodling
-Laughing like a crazy person 'till I start crying
-The beach
-Vacations (especially Paris)
-Life

While I do love all of these things, the amount of love for each category is different. Recently, I heard that someone say that they might be in love with me. This is a common misconception. So far, I've thought that I was in love, once. I was so intertwined and wrapped up in what I thought was love, that I didn't even realize that it was just a crush high. It makes me kind of laugh now, because while I did (and do) love my crush, I'm not *in love* with her. I think that at this age (15) I still need time to figure all this stuff out. I think that teenagers in general, tend to rush into what they think is love, just for the boyfriend/girlfriend title. Honestly, I don't plan on dating until I - 

A) Have a job. 
B) Have access to a car. 
C) God gives me the "ok." 

As of now, I'm not the least bit pressed about dating. I have enough schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and family/friend-related engagements to last . . . well, forever. I've always wondered what would happen if - 

Boy: I really like you (no car, job)
Girl: I really like you too 

. . . . . Sooooo, now what?  

No comments:

Post a Comment