Monday, May 17, 2010

New Chapter

Well in case I haven't mentioned this, I'm homeschooled. I went to a private school for kindergarten (I'll be a sophmore in the fall) but I've been homeschooled since then. Anyways, on Mondays and Wednesdays, I go to this "school for homeschoolers" where I have classes, teachers, and classmates just like a regular school. We get out May 26th and I'm super-excited :). No homework, no stress, just utter relaxation. However, it may also be one of the worst days of my life. First off, let me tell you about my best friends: 

G - Is one of the loveliest people that I know. I've known her since the eighth grade. She is both stunning, and she makes me laugh hysterically. She's been very supportive in tough times this past year, and she also taught me to love the rain. One of the smartest teens that I know, G is an extremely gifted writer (although I'm not sure if she knows it) and a good role model when it comes to following Christ. She's an amazing person, and I'm superlucky to have her as a friend.  

King - Is awesome. He's the one that I have codes with, and the one that I have all of my secrets with. Although he can be crazy, he's truly hilarious and always there to listen when I need him. 

Kae Dea - If I had to enter a platonic marriage, it'd be with her. I don't have any feelings for her (at all) but she's absolutely amazing. Kae Dea and I plan on running an otter farm, cranberry ranch, and sea saw park together. She's one of the funniest people I know, and she has a beautiful spirit and personality. She's super pretty and she has such a laid back, and carefree attitude, that she's probably the coolest person that I know.     

Double A - Is super-awesome. He's always fun to hang out with, and always good for conversation. He's pretty darn funny and action-packed. Even though he often does sneak attacks on me, he's a really cool guy. 

Twin - So she became my best friend this year. Although we were in school together last year, we didn't hang out at all. It's actually funny because a random Gmail chat ended up proving that we have *tons* in common. We've had lots of deep conversations and I love hanging out with her. One of the things that I'm mos thankful for, is her sense in music. She's the one who showed me the whole beautiful world of Indie music. Not only is she beautiful, but she can always make me laugh and have random, crazy, fun, and deep conversations.

Mani - His mom and my mom have been best friends since elementary school so I've known him since I was born. A few years ago he moved to Alabama, but whenever he comes to visit, we fall right back into place. He's about 6'2 (maybe 6'3 by now) but he's like a brother and I'm super happy to know him. 

Leh - My Paramore-bff, she's the one I come running to with my non-existent "love" problems. I talked to her a *ton* and she's always there for me. My Greek-note-passin' buddy, I love recording songs with her on the piano, and she has a fantastic voice. 

Ok, I described all of my best friends (using code names as not to invade their privacy) to say this: I'm going to miss them terribly. Especially Kae Dea. She's leaving this year and I'm gonna miss her soooooo much. Last year, my class barely met at all but this year, I'm going to try and change that. 

Today my elder sister graduated from highschool at our school. A host of friends and family were there to support her, and I was sure that I wasn't going to cry. However, early this afternoon my father bought a bow and arrow set. During the ceremony, my mother and father took the floor and made "mini-speeches." Everything was fine until my father picked up the aforementioned bow (no arrow though.) He said something like, "We've kept her this long," and then he pointed it towards the ceiling and pulled back the string a let it bounce back into position. "Now time to let her fly." My mom and sister started crying, but I guess this is just a new chapter in our lives.

So yeah, just wanted to share that. It seems like everything is changing so fast that I'm not sure what's even real anymore. It kind of hurts.      

No comments:

Post a Comment