Sunday, February 13, 2011

February Update

Well I don't have anything philosophical to post, so I'll just give you an update on my life:

I love my friends. I really do. I especially love the teens that go to my church. On Friday, we had our first youth night of 2011. We talked, ate loads of pizza, played games, and thought of ways to strengthen our youth ministry. It was a good time to fellowship and hang out :) Afterward, my cousin came over and spent the night, and then we went to choir rehearsal the next day. Oh! Please pray for several people - My friend/sister Imani (she has an audition for a performing arts college in CA. She is easily one of the best singers that I know, and I really want her to do well. She's also auditioning for drama), Kennedy (my lil sis has an audition for several summer dance programs, but I know that she'll do well ;), and Kayla (my best friend has an audition to get into Kennedy's school, BSA, or, Baltimore School for the Arts. She's a singer and an actress.) Please just pray for the calming of their minds, the peace of the Holy Ghost, and confidence, skill, precision in the abilities.

School has been pretty intense, but we didn't have school on Wednesday on account of the snow. That made me very happy :D It's supposed to snow on this Wednesday as well, so perhaps another school closing is in sight? Prayerfully. My school is putting on Romeo & Juliet and I'm very excited to see it. I have very talented friends when it comes to acting. My friend Tia invited me and a few other people to go on a retreat with her church, and I *really* want to . . . But I probably can't :( and won't. Today was my first day back after a week. It was really good seeing everyone :)

And so the countdown to my 16th birthday begins. I. Am. Stoked. I don't know why, but sixteen seems like the prime age of teenagehood. I may have already posted this, but on my birthday I want to -

A) Give blood.

B) Register to vote.

C) Get my driver's permit. (While *legally* I could have done this in December, I now have official permission from my parents!!!

Recipe for my perfect birthday.

In other news, I'm going scuba-diving for spring break!! Yes! I'm not sure where yet, but I get to choose the location :D I was recently named president of my church's youth choir, and vp of the ushers. Also I'm not el presidente of my class anymore (a bit of a relief.) Last week I picked up an application for my summer job. I am pumped.

Recently I got back in touch with Nala, a.k.a, Kay, who is uncontestedly one of my best friends. I really hope that we hang hang out soon :)

We are now in the countdown for the Great Debate, the annual school-wide debate at my school. I am mortified. It's one of the most challenging, stress-inducing, smile-shriveling events of my year. And it's a day before my birthday. Whoo.

I'm completing this post weeks later, but oh well.

I have so much homework!!!! My class made Valentine's Day Candy Grams on Friday and it was good to hang out with my classmates. Afterward, my friend Stephanie drove with me to my grandmother's house, and we talked a lot so that was great.
Also, I've gotten 5 college scouting letters since Monday. One if from Salisbury :) I'm so excited for college, and I really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment