Hi. We haven't met before. I don't know you at all, but I'm very anxious to see you in person :). You're my little cousin, and right now you're only about a month old. In the womb that is. I don't know if you're a boy or a girl, or what color eyes you have, or shade your skin is, or how your hair looks. I've never heard you laugh, or held you, or seen your smile, but I really would like to see you soon. You have a lot of people who have been waiting for you for a while. I'm writing this in the hopes that eventually, you'll see this post. Whether you're 10, or 20, or 40, or 110, is irrelevant. I just think it'd be cool to be able to read something for me that was written while I was in my mama's belly :P.
So, my name is Jesse. I'm named after our grandfather, a.k.a. Granddad, who is a very funny and charming man. He'll definitely make you laugh and he has lots of stories to tell you once you get here. His wife, our grandmother Sandra, is a very witty pistol of a woman and she will have tons of delicious food that will make you eager to go to "Gram's House." Their oldest son, your uncle, my father Corvelli, is hard to describe. He has a somewhat dry sense of humor, but he'll always surprise you (in a good way). His wife, your aunt and my mother, Kim is a very loving lady and she'll be very important to you in your first years of life. Next there's Aunt Jessica, your dad's sister. She's amazing. She's always teaching and always ready to take us on trips, and I know that she's eager to meet you too. Her husband, our Uncle Darryl, is quiet, but when he speaks, it's usually hilarious. About a year and five months before you were born, we had an aunt that passed. She was indescribable. She was beautiful, charming, funny, witty, (very) artistic, clever, gifted, and anything you could ask for in an aunt. She'll never be able to meet you, but if you look at characteristics in our family, the most powerful ones, the most beautiful ones, the most loving ones all point to her. Our aunt had a son, our "big cousin" JeRoi. He'll be old enough to be your dad(!!!) by the time you're born, but he's pretty awesome, I'm not gonna lie. He's always fun to drive with, and he really will take you anywhere. Hahaha, and he's very competitive (like all of our family) but especially with videogames. I have two sisters, your cousins Victoria and Kennedy, who I know are awaiting your arrival as well. Victoria is a photographer and she'll be in college when you get here, and Kennedy's a dancer who's at the Baltimore School for the Arts (not an easy school to get into.) After that, there are your big sisters Kayla and Madison! Kayla will be 14 when you're born, and she's very special. Kayla's a gifted singer who is very passionate about art, music, and she's like another sister to me. Then there's Madison :D. I love Madison soooo much. She'll still be a kid when you get here, but I think you two will get along just fine.
Your father Demitri, my uncle, and I have a very fun relationship. We like to joke with each other and play pranks, and he's pretty much the greatest uncle ever. I've only known your mom for 3 years or so, but I love her. Your mom, my aunt, Deidre is very kind and funny, and you have two fantastic parents awaiting your arrival.
And then there's me. To sum it up, I'm in love with the piano and guitar, I love reading books (I'll teach you the ways of Harry Potter), music, and our family. Out of every family in the world that you could've gotten, you were pretty dang lucky to be born into this one. I'm hoping that your a boy (just to even out the male to female grandchild ratio), but as long as you have 10 fingers, and 10 toes, I'll be happy. I'm so excited to meet you. Hurry up ok?
All My Love,
JWM IV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment