Tuesday, December 7, 2010
I Don't Think It's Worth The Effort
Today at school someone said something negative about me behind my back. This person has said this before about the same topic, still behind my back. At first I was mad and upset and all of this other stuff, and then I realized: I really don't care. I know things about this person (that won't be repeated on here out of respect for their . . . modesty), that are horrificly disgusting, embarrassing, and amoral. Keeping this in mind, if my opinion of you is so low and miniscule, then why should I care what you say about me? It may sound mean, but it's true. If we already have a troubled history, and you have a track record of saying hateful things about me, then *you* have a problem with *me,* not the other way around. I don't have time for the drama and the hate. I want to reap what I soweth (Galatians 6:7-9): peace and good will. All I can do is live my life in a manner that's pleasing to God, my family, friends, and anyone else whose opinion matters. Not yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment