So this probably won't be my last post for the year, but it's a reflection post of the year 2010.
I've been through hell and back this year. It's been the absolute worst year of my life, but it's also been one of the best. I've celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, holidays, and weddings. I've strengthened friendships, fought with friends, and loved more intensely and fiercely than i ever had. But I've also mourned. And I still do.
In January my family celebrated my fathers birthday, but we also hit a deer and nearly totaled our car.
In February my grandfather celebrated his 84th birthday. In the same month, two of the most important people in my life died. Within exactly one week from each other. Wednesday to Wednesday.
Less than five days later, on the first of March, I celebrated my 15th birthday. Or rather, I lived to see another birthday. There wasn't much celebration involved.
In April, my parents commemorated 22 years of marriage.
In May, my sister graduated from highschool and both my mother and younger sister lived to see more birthdays. I finished my ninth grade year with a 3.9 GPA.
In June, I began my first summer job as an intern in the bariatrics department of one of the best hospitals in the world.
In July, my older sister sister celebrated her 18th birthday, and I ended my amazing summer internship.
In August, I found the essence of summer. I spent time with family and friends, watched movies, read, traveled, and lost myself in relaxation. My younger sister began her ninth grade year at an exclusive art highschool for dance.
In September, I dropped my sister off at college, and the next day I began my sophomore year of highschool.
In October I took the PSATs and it was the one of the hardest tests in my life.
In November, I had the opportunity to see a naval ship be commissioned, and Thanksgiving was here and gone in a too soon.
And here I stand in December. My class rallied to sell snacks at a production of A Christmas Carol, and we also made about a billion Candy Grams. Yesterday was my school's dance, and I had the chance to become reacquainted with old friends who I haven't seen in nearly 6 1/2 months. Far too long. Yesterday was an amazing night. I had fun, danced like I was dumb-dumb-du-du-du-dumb, and I really enjoyed myself.
The year has gone by in a flash. I remember Christmas last year, and it's amazing how quickly the months have gone by. Nothing has changed, but everything is different. I feel like the world is falling apart, because everything that I'm accustomed to during this Christmas season is changing. Traditions are being broken, and it seems like my world is spinning out of control. I would give anything to have my old life back again. Anything in the world. But that's not possible.
So I'll keep moving so I won't think.
I won't think so I won't feel.
I won't feel so I won't hurt.
And I won't hurt so I won't stop moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment