Monday, November 15, 2010

I Wonder

I wonder if I was on your mind. I wonder if you thought of your mother, or father, or sister, or brothers, or son, or nieces. I wonder if you were in pain, or happy, or sad, or angry. I wonder if you were lucid, or tired, or excited.

I still walk past that vase, and I still sleep in that bed, and I still wear the rings that once adorned your fingers. I still cry, and miss you. This heart has scabbed over, the pain still locked inside. And I'm terrified that I will forget you. I'm scared that I will forget your smile, and your life, and your eyes, and your scent. You cross my mind everyday, and I pray for this hurt to dissipate, for these tears to cease flowing.

I pray that you are happy, and that my sadness is hidden from you. I hope that your Father is taking care of you, and that you are free.

Now the rain is just
Washing you out of my hair
Out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world
We're so many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you, now I'm at home in the clouds
Towering over your head

No comments:

Post a Comment