Monday, October 4, 2010

Catching Up, School, Lies, and Quirks

Wow, so summer was a hechtic torrent of bliss. Towards the end, I spent a week at my grandparents house in PG County, with my *adorable* two-year-old cousin, and my thirteen-year-old cousin (they're biological sisters, and my "little sisters.") After I got back, the next event was dropping my older sister, Victoria, off at SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design, in Savannah, Georgia. Her major is going to be photography, and I'm soooo pumped for college now. I'm looking at conservatories for undergrad, and probably Maharia and Johns Hopkins for medical/grad school. 

The day after we got back, I started school. As an official sophmore {*WOOT WOOT!!!!!!*} the classes that I'm taking are: Omnibus, Rhetoric, Chemistry, Chemistry Lab [like Potions in Harry Potter!!!], Technology, Math, Chinese, and Piano. So on Thursday, I had a Chinese class via Skype, which was pretty much the epitome of the word "homeschooled." It's great seeing my friends again, especially Andrew and Grace :D. I haven't seem them practically all summer. It's always hard not seeing your best friends :(. Now I get to see them every Mon. and Wed. My classes are challenging, although I continually freak myself out about homework. 

My homework has been kick-butt. It's extremely challenging and way different than ninth grade. I'm still deciding whether or not this is a good thing. However, college prep is developed intensely in highschool right? I was sick over the weekend so that was annoying, but I'm feeling much better (hallelujah.)

If you've listened to my ramblings this long, then you deserve a treat. Well it's not really a treat. It's a treat for me. Tough beans. 

So: What are 5 quirks that distinguish you from the rest of the human race? Let me know. 

Mine are - 

1. When I smile (like, super-wide), my right eye appears larger than my left eye.

2. I have a mole on the back of my head that you can only see when my head is shaved. 

3. I'm double-jointed in my shoulders. 

4. I can lie with a straight face. 

5. I don't remember anything before the 5th grade.   

No comments:

Post a Comment