So, music is one of the biggest parts of my life. I come from a musical family. Singers for aunts, cousins, a sister, and grandfather and musicians for sisters, uncles, cousins, and everyone in between. While I know how to play the piano now, I'd love to learn how to play many other instruments such as, the guitar (both electric and acoustic), drums, keytar (yes the keytar), some sort of brass instrument, the flute, and the theremin (look it up). Within the last school year, one of my best friends turned me onto Indie music. Indie artists are those who aren't signed to major labels i.e. indie = independent. Artists like Ingrid Michaelson, Metric, The Bird & The Bee, The Hush Sound, Sia, Death Cab For Cutie, and She & Him, are all amazing Indie Artists. To me, Indie artists seem to have more heartfelt and profound lyrics (unlike their mainstream counterparts.) On the other hand, I do love your average "head-bopping" pop song. I truly consider "bubblegum/teenybopper artists" like Britney Spears, most Disney Channel artists (not including Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato), and Justin Bieber. While I don't hate the entire genre, certain songs are just . . . unbearable. Another genre of music that I love are "guilty pleasure" songs. These are songs that I know are inappropiate and questionable, but as soon as it comes on the radio, I start bopping my head . . . songs like "Blah Blah Blah by Ke$ha" or "3 by Britney Spears" are unsuitably addictive.
80's synth pop electronica - La Roux
Electronic dance pop - Lady Gaga
Pop/alternative rock - Paramore
Heavy metal alternative rock - My Chemical Romance
Epic - Michael Jackson
These are just a few (among hundreds) artists that I really like, and how I'd categorize them. Throughout this blog I'll try to keep you updated on the 5 songs that I haven't been able to keep out of my head recently. This time it's:
1. Sick Muse - Metric
2. Collect Call - Metric
3. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
4. New In Town - Little Boots
5. Dance In The Dark - Lady Gaga
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment