My last day of school was a few weeks ago, which means that I'm officially a sophmore! I was voted class president, quite a big surprise, spent hours hanging with friends, and walked nearly three miles around a lake. . I signed yearbooks, and had my yearbook signed, and just enjoyed time with my friends.
Wow, this is the longest I've gone without updating :P. Well, I wanted to talk about . . . stuffff :).
Yesterday I went to an epic birthday party for two wonderful young ladies, one being my best friend. The host of the party had this big beautiful house (one of the most spectacular that I've ever seen.) There was a pool, zipline, badminton court, and this gigantic tree with a rope attached to it. I'll try to explain the tree/rope concept. There's this gigantic, strong tree, with three long ropes attached to the near-top. The ropes have loops at the end in which one can sit. You run for a bit, and then you leap off of this ledge. It's like you're flying as you orbit around the tree. It's hard to explain, but trust me, it's one of the most amazing sensations you'll ever feel. There was good food, fun, and eventually I was pushed in the pool. Twice.
The week after that, I went over my grandmother's house. It was awesome. I went to this outing in Pennsylvania and I saw a play, went out to eat, and went shopping ($5 and Below is the best store ever.) I stayed down there for about a week (Wawa has extraordinary milkshakes, btw) and caught the metro back home. On the train, a man said that my shoes were "fabulous." Made my day.
So after I got back, I started working. I have this paying internship at this hospital and I'm loving it. I do clerical work for one of the departments, and overall it's just a great job.
Every year, members of my family go to Virginia Beach. They're going this year, and I'd really, really, really love to go. I'd also like to go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. A huge group of people from my school go annually, and I'd really like to go this year but we'll see.
So overall I've had a pretty fantastic summer. We're almost halfway through, and there's still a ton I'd like to do. I'll try to stay a little more consistent on here, but no promises.
Oh! before I forget, there's supposed to be a full eclipse on July 11th. I don't know any other specifics, but just Google it for details. Aaaaaand, I need to mention some new musical faves:
End Love - OK Go
Break Me Out - The Rescues
Where The Lines Overlap - Paramore
Merry Very Happy - Kate Nash
Neutron Stat Collision (Love is Forever) - Muse
Faithfully - Glee Cast (Just FYI, I think this is the greatest song that they've ever done. Ever.)
To Sir With Love - "*
Somewhere Over the Rainbow - "
Stay - Miley Cyrus
The Pretty Reckless EP (This is just a glimpse of the new album by the band, featuring Gossip Girl's Taylor Momsen, The Pretty Reckless)
Gloria - Mando Diao
I'm Awesome (Radio Edit) - Spose (One of my friends actually showed me this song, and it's hilariously lugubrious.)
Why Don't You Love Me - Beyonce
For future reference, whenever I do this "*" after a song-related dash, it means "same artist as before."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment